Phone: 561-693-3239 | Email: email@example.com
We can help in more ways than one! Follow these tips ahead of time to help make moving day a breeze!
• Pack an overnight bag that you bring with you in your vehicle. Be sure to include medications or any other basic needs. It is also wise to pack a box that contains all of your important and personal documents (passports, social security cards, checkbooks, etc) to bring with you.
• Donating or selling unwanted items ahead of time allows you to have less stuff to pack and move, therefore less stuff to worry about on the day of your move.
• If you are downsizing or moving into a temporary home, use a storage facility to store items you won’t be using. Be sure to separate which items are going to each place so that they can be loaded into the truck in a proper order.
• Purchasing packing materials in larger quantities can save you money. And most vendors will buy back or allow you to return any unused items. Some even sell used boxes at a discounted price or offer rental boxes. Boxes, tape, bubble wrap and shrink wrap are the basic necessities.
• Make sure you seal the bottoms of boxes with tape before you load items into them. Then once they are full, be sure to seal the tops. This helps prevents items from falling out of boxes during transit.
• Color code or number boxes. Label which rooms the boxes belong in and what type of items are in the box. Use clear bins for the items you will use most immediately at your new home.
• Pack dishes and fragile items in double-walled boxes. Packing dishes vertically in the box also helps protect them.
• Use large wardrobe boxes for hanging clothes or other last minute items. Shoes can also go in the bottoms of wardrobe boxes.
• Shrink wrap can allow you to bulk boxes or small items together for easier moving. It also helps to protect furniture and keep it clean.
• Remove all hard and fragile items from dressers, clothes and linens can stay. Again, be sure to shrink wrap the drawers in the dresser so they don’t shift during transit.
• Photograph electronics and other items before you take them apart. Pack cables and electrical items in the box with their devices so you know which items go together. Tape small hardware pieces to items which they belong.
• If you are moving locally, hire a sitter to help watch children and pets during the move.
• Defrost refrigerators or any other appliances to room temperature at least one day ahead of time.
FALCON MOVERS OF BOCA RATON
FLORIDA LICENSED MOVING CORPORATION
FL IM 2217 PBC MV 1086